Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Knight

Today is my wonderful husband's birthday! He truly is my 'knight in shining armor'! He brings a smile to my face nearly all the time. He loves me when I am unlovable. He praises me for the simplest things. He cares for me even when it isn't needed. He is a wonderful blessing of how we should all live our lives. He is a loving father, grandfather, son and husband. Simply put: he is the best man that I know. Having him in my life has been a blessing from the start. When we met we became friends, and soon became best friends. Here we are, so many years later, and still one another's best friend.

I love that he: 
  • Loves his family unquestionably. He may not be the best at showing it, but the love is there and it is deep and abiding. 
  • Faithfully calls his mom several times a month, just to let her know that he loves her.
  • Okay, this is another family thing - but the man simply LOVES being a grandpa! He loves it I tell ya! He cannot get enough of them.
  • Has a wonderful testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and is grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
  • Fulfills his calling to the best of his ability, and always has.
  • Is a hard worker, and dedicated to doing his job well.
  • Has a great reputation as a Geotechnical Engineer.
  • Is super friendly even though he is very shy.
  • Gives others credit for their accomplishments.
  • Researches everything he is interested in, and then proceeds to tell me about it!
  • Enjoys the outdoors, particularly Yosemite, with Yellowstone following close behind.
  • Is generous. 
  • Welcomes others into our home and family.
  • Lastly, because this list could go on and on, and on... I love that he loves me with all of my imperfections, and that he sees who I am better than I do.
I'm sharing these two pictures with you because this, at this time in our lives, defines him:

Yeah, he is loved.

Happy Birthday Pat!
We all love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment