Friday, September 23, 2011

Rise and Shout!

Since we are visiting in Orem we had to take a trip to our alma mater BYU. There was a LOT of blue on campus today, even with families and all their children wearing blue too! We have been keeping track (in Oregon and now in Utah) of the school spirit by counting various clothing articles and car decor to see how much spirit they actually have! Let me tell you, there is plenty! I think the ducks actually outshine the cougars in this area, amazingly enough!

It was fun to be on campus, to browse the wonderful bookstore, to walk around campus in the heat (do they know it's September?) and to partake of ice cream at the Wilk. How fun it is for Pat and I to walk the halls where we waited for a concert on our second date (near the bowling alley). Ah, the memories. So wonderful.

I am grateful to BYU for so many reasons. First and foremost that I discovered that my testimony is mine and not my parents while here, second that I met my eternal companion, and third for the great educations that we received there, as well as some of our family members, and finally that my gratitude goes on and on and on, with no end in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment