My thought was that we don't because we celebrate the Life, Atonement, and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, rather than focus on His death.
I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for all that He has given to each of us...
- That he followed our Father's plan, for us to have the Plan of Happiness
- His willingness to take upon Himself our sins through the Atonement
- His Resurrection
- His Life - His example of who we should strive to become
- His Love for each of us, His brothers and sisters
- His Gospel; which affords us many blessings which are too countless to name here
I am certain that you find yourself pondering on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ today, and finding gratitude in your hearts as well. Happy Easter!