Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hastening the work!

Since today is the first Sunday of the month our RS presidency is in charge of the lesson. Today our president gave a lesson on hastening the work of the Lord. She took much of her lesson from Elder Nielsen's talk in General Conference.

Missionary work has never been something I've been good at. Never. I've always been great with the less-active, but not so much non-members. Why? Because I know so few.

During the lesson it just hit me how these are the latter days. Christ will be coming before we know it (of course I wish it were sooner rather than later). The time has come for us to prepare the way. There are so many of our brothers and sisters that would love to have the blessings of the gospel in their lives; yet, we keep our mouths shut. It's time to open our mouths, to share our testimonies, and to bring others to Christ. This is the time, of that I am sure.

I am grateful that the Spirit can testify to me that it is time. Now, I will just pray that I can open my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment