Friday, December 23, 2011

I Know the Scriptures are True

I am finishing up the Book of Mormon, in part thanks to the Facebook Challenge. I have been reading about the days prior to Christ's visit to the America's, and now am in my favorite section of the Book of Mormon, as He has come and is bestowing blessing upon blessing on those who have awaited his arrival, and kept their faith intact.

As I read these precious words I am reminded of the truths that are contained in the Book of Mormon, and how they truly are for us. We have so much to gain from their experiences, so much to apply to these, the latter days...in hopes of making our lives better and keeping our faith intact.

I am also amazed that people can believe/assume that Joseph Smith wrote this book. (How grateful I am for him... I can't even begin to tell you.) How on earth could anyone write such an account without actually having been there? No, he did not write the Book of Mormon - he translated it. The Prophets kept record of their experiences so that they could share them with us. This book is a gift from a loving Heavenly Father, and our Elder Brother, Jesus Christ.

I am so very grateful for my testimony of the Book of Mormon, for the truths contained within, for all of the Prophets and their willingness to share their experiences with us...and finally for all of those who show/showed me how to remain faithful, and to endure this life so that we can achieve exaltation, and glorify our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment