Wednesday, September 28, 2011

physical therapy

after a year of struggling with Achilles tendinitis i decided it was high time to go and see a pt, to find out what more can be done to help. this morning, bright and early, i had my first appointment with dr.jeff.

what a nice guy!

after just a few minutes he evaluated my ankle/leg. apparently due to the fact that i have arthritis in my knee i somehow over compensate or under compensate, something. as a result my calf muscles are strung too tightly and they need to be loosened. he said, 'it is not a coincidence that your ankle is only bad on the same leg where your knee is giving you problems.' then as he examined it, and treated it by massaging my calf muscle and my ankle i began to feel better. thank heavens...really.

after the exam he told me that this is going to be a pretty easy fix, that i need to do two exercises several times a day that take perhaps three minutes all together. he said my ankle isn't far gone, and that i will be good as new in no time.

i cannot even tell you how great it was to hear that news. i feel like i am going to get my life back again! that i will be able to walk regularly, and function normally. it was like this huge sigh of relief and a breath of fresh air hit me all at once. i wanted to rejoice. and on the inside i did. on the outside i simply thanked him profusely for giving me hope.

i just love it when the day starts out with good news. i am so grateful for the chance that i have to become healthy once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment