Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Organizing

I have spent several hours today going through two boxes...yes, just two! They are full of files that we have been holding onto for years. For example, we have tithing receipts that date back to the 70's, we even have Sam and Craig's first tithing receipts, amazingly enough.

So I am purging paper today. Can I just say how wonderful it feels? I love getting rid of things that aren't necessary to have in our lives. I hope to do this more often because it is so refreshing.

Earlier today Linzi and I were talking about Rach being gone and my no longer having a calling (at church) (other than VT, which of course is important). She was wondering what I am going to do with my time. I have had a few minor panic attacks over that one. I figure my mom is 30 years older than I am, and she is still living and I want my life to be fulfilling so I have a long way to go, in years.

One of the things I am concentrating on is really truly getting our home organized. Not just surface organized, but deeply organized. All those papers, all those boxes that have been contentedly sitting around collecting dust for years are going to be attacked, by me. It's time to get everything in it's place.

Mind you, I do not love organizing, but I do love being organized. Rach is the one that loves organizing, not me.

Today I am grateful that I can become better organized, and keep myself busy in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment