Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Visiting Teachers

I have been called to be our ward's visiting teaching coordinator. That means I take all the reports, and figure out how many sisters were visited, or called, or sent a note. One of the things I've noticed is how few sisters are doing their visiting teaching, it's a little discouraging.

I find myself being so very grateful to those sisters who take the time to serve their assigned sisters. They are truly wonderful to me...and probably to those sisters they visit. The thing that amazes me about those who don't do their visiting teaching is that it is so simple to take a few minutes and send a note in the mail, or pick up the phone. It's just not that difficult.

I am sometimes surprised at those that don't do their visiting teaching; I don't get it. They are faithful in every way that I can see, yet this one thing seems to elude them. I know it's not always easy, I have struggles sometimes with it as well. However, once I have my visiting teaching under control it helps me feel good about the small contribution I am making, and I love seeing the sisters on my route also.

So, if you are a visiting teacher, please take the time to see or call or send a letter to those you visit teach. It not only uplifts them, it also uplifts you...it's a win/win!

No comments:

Post a Comment