Tuesday, February 22, 2011

For Monday...Presidents!

It was President's day on Monday, and I forgot to post anything! Oh well...

I am grateful for the Presidents of the USA. Some of them have been heaven sent - others not so much. I am grateful especially for George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. They are my favorites. I think that when people ask the question "who would you go back and interview in time if you could?" Those two would definitely be in my top ten.

So, now for a telling story about who I am ---
As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I love our Prophet, who also is the President of our church. When I was eight years old (3rd grade) I went out on the playground and there was a great deal of commotion. Everyone was discussing something important. Finally I asked someone what happened. They said, "The President was killed."

I asked, "Which one?"

To which they replied...(as in 'you dummy!') "President Kennedy!"

And how did I react? I was relieved that it wasn't David O. McKay, our prophet, president of the church.

Yeah, I know, sounds kind of heartless. But, I had a great love for our Prophet and not for President Kennedy. Later I was sad that someone had done such a horrible thing, but I would have been even more sad had it been the prophet, truth be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment