Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rachel

Today is Rachel's 25th birthday. I am so grateful for her.

She was definitely sent to our family - we hadn't planned on her joining us for another year so she was a welcome surprise! I think that her big sister, Amy, wanted her here to be her built-in best friend...and that she just couldn't wait to join our family any longer, so she decided to come when she did!

Rachel has been a joy to raise. She joined our family on a historical day in Sacramento (where she was born). It was the day of the big flood in Sacramento and our house was only 1/2 mile away from the river! We were blessed though, no flooding for us, though it did make for an interesting drive for grandma and the kids going up to Paradise! She had to take all kinds of detours.

Rachel was the only baby I was able to have with me in recovery (all of them were c-section). I also had glasses on and could see her turn pink - it was truly amazing to see her little body change colors like that! Still amazes me. All the kids were able to come in and meet her right away also, along with Grandma and Grandpa Breed.

Through the years Rachel has always striven to be obedient, kind and thoughtful. She is a good sister, daughter, aunt and granddaughter. You will never find a truer friend. She loves others and is happy for them when they are happy. She has a deep love for her nieces and nephews. She has a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and loves Him, and God, our Father. 

There are many other things that I could share about her, but let's just leave it at this: She has many qualities that I hope to incorporate in my life when I grow up! She is a blessing to each of us. :)


Happy Birthday Rachel Fevon Dell! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment