Monday, February 28, 2011

Technology

There are few things in life that I have as much mixed feelings as I do technology. There are so many blessings in my life due to this wonderful invention. Today I focus only on the positive! Since becoming a grandma the blessings have become even more obvious. For through technological advances I can see my grandchildren as often as their parents allow! And they can see us, and come to know us better. That is a huge blessing. Of course there are times when I wish we were advanced enough that I could reach through the screen and bring them into our home - just to love them and spend some time with them, perhaps giving mommy and daddy a much needed break. I guess we can't have everything, can we!?!

I am also grateful for video texts I receive on a regular basis - seeing precious moments; snowball throwing, babies giggling or making silly noises - exploring all that they can do! Or I can get birthday and holiday greetings from our wonderful grandkids!

Another blessing is family history. Recently I went on the New Family Search site and found that part of Pat's family goes back to the 1400's - what an unexpected and wonderful surprise that was for us! Without the convenience of technology I would not have known...

All in all, for me, technology is truly a blessing- because it keeps me close to those I love. :) I am so very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment