Monday, February 6, 2012

Target Run

One wouldn't think that running to Target would be something to be grateful for. But if you stop and think about it, really think about it, how lucky are we that 1) we can drive in our cars to get to a store, 2) we can afford to buy things at said store, and 3) that store is sufficiently stocked so that we can get the items we so desire? I am sure there are other things to be grateful for, like sales, and decent prices...but that isn't really what this post is about.

Nope, this post is about going on a target run with someone I love. Someone that loves shopping at Target even more than her mother does! This is kind of an extension of yesterday's post...Rachel's home! We got to go to Target today (among other places)! (can you hear the crowd cheering in my head? I can!)

Seriously, though. It was so great to do something normal during a weekday with someone I am close to. Since she moved away I pretty much go shopping alone. A.L.O.N.E. Period. Pat and I have the occasional Saturday run to a store or two, but otherwise, I am on my OWN! It is wonderful to do things with others, to spend time together, to peruse the items at the store, to talk in the car on the way there and the way home. I love it. I miss it.

I am grateful for Rach, and the sense of normalcy she brings into my life. (those lucky boys she is living with!) ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment