Sunday, October 23, 2011

Eight is GREAT!!!

Our eighth grandchild was born two days ago, on Friday, October 21st. His name is Jack Austin Westmoreland., the proud mommy and daddy are Amy and Brad...we are half of the proud grandparents. :)

Jack weighed 8 lbs. 2oz, definitely Amy's biggest baby to date. He was measured at 19" but looks more like 20"  to me. He looks like a bit of both brothers, only with lighter colored hair and chubbier. (so cute) He has a sweet little cry, so far! I am in love with him.

I am grateful for Jack, that his delivery went well (scheduled c-section), that he was a welcome surprise to our family, and that Amy is doing well with recovering. I am also grateful that I am able to be here to take care of James and Gavin, and Amy and Jack (when they come home tomorrow). I am grateful that Amy had a father's blessing last week when Pat was here and a Priesthood blessing from Brad the night before surgery.

I love being a Grandma. The other day, prior to Jack's arrival I was at Costco. I went to the front desk in order to pick up a coupon book for Amy. The woman behind the counter asked me if I wanted to be on their email list, I replied no, that we live in California, and that I am here visiting my daughter. She asked me if she was in college, I said no, but her husband is. I explained that Amy was expecting and having her baby on Friday. She was like, "Oh no, that means you will be a grandma!" I shared with her that this was our eighth, and that I LOVE being a grandma. She was shocked, literally shocked. I told her that if she thinks she loves her kids, wait until she has grandkids. She couldn't understand that. I told her they instantly wrap themselves around your heart, I even had tears in my eyes.

Don't doubt for a second that I love each of my children, I do...wholeheartedly. I believe that the amount you love your grandchildren is a reflection of the amount you love your children...and I sure do love each of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment