Wednesday, October 12, 2011

pest control

the people that know me really, really well know that i have a strong dislike for ants...maybe even, dare i say, hate?! when i was a little girl, probably around 2 or 3 i ran into the house to my mom because i was (grossly enough) covered with ants! i have a reason for feeling the way i do about them...and it began quite young.

we always have pest control, wherever we live. it is one of the few luxuries i allow myself to have. ants are not welcome in my home, really not in my yard, but there is only so much you can do, right?

on monday morning pat announced that we had 3 ants in our bathroom, rach found a few in hers as well. ewww. their presence really gets my blood pressure up! it is one of the few things that does (other than being upset with a family member). he also told me that there were some around the yard, congregating, as if they own the place. i will show them!

i called our pest control place yesterday and they informed me that our tech was super busy and may not get to it until next week. what?! really?! in the meantime we have to live with these tiny creatures invading our space, ever so slowly? no!!!!

i didn't actually let her know how much that disturbed me. i kept my cool...really, i did! she informed me (without my pressuring her in the least) that she would call our tech and ask him when he could come. (i love their service) a few minutes (honestly - a few minutes) later she got back to me, and informed me that he would come in the morning between 8 and 9.

and that is just what he did! talk about a sweet guy - super nice. in fact once pat dealt with our tech personally and he called the office and told them what an amazing guy he is. i finally met him today.

i am grateful for the pest control company we have, and for their prompt service...and for this handy little tip that israel gave me --- should we have any ants in the bathroom again, spray them with windex.

who knew? oh, 'my big fat greek wedding'...that's who! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment