Sunday, October 30, 2011

warm drinks

we are sick, every one of us (except baby jack) here in the westmoreland household. we all have colds, which began with james, then went to brad, to rachel, to gavin, to me and finally to amy. phew. it is no fun being sick, at all. we are hopeful that jack will avoid this illness completely, really.

back in june our stake presidency let us know that we are no longer able to drink teas in any variety. i am a lover of herbal teas, especially when i am sick with a cold or the flu. i no longer partake of them. fortunately, for me, i had already decided that on my own, for my own reasons, so they just cemented my feelings. still, i miss those peppermint, echinacea, and various other herbal teas.

warm drinks (not hot) make my throat and head feel better when i have a cold. thankfully there is still spiced cider, honey and lemon, or warm orange juice to partake of. i am grateful for those warm drinks that help me to feel better, and that our family has come to rely on.

No comments:

Post a Comment