Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mmmmm, Yummy!

I have been wanting to try to make Magleby's buttermilk syrup for years, well, ever since I had french toast with Megan and Amy there. It is incredibly delicious. I am not a huge fan of syrups in general (usually use powdered sugar and fruit), but this recipe won me over! I am a fan!

We are going to have french toast bake at Amy's and I figured this was a great time to try out a recipe. So, I went online and researched and found a great one. I also like the Our Best Bites one, but it sounded just a tad too sweet to me.

So, I made this one:
1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 T vanilla
1 T corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions: bring first five ingredients to a boil. Add baking soda. Boil 10 seconds and remove from heat immediately to prevent boil over.
Serve over french toast, pancakes, waffles, crepes and even ice cream!

I am grateful for delicious recipes that I can make for and share with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment