Saturday, October 1, 2011

President Monson

This morning when General Conference began we noticed right away that someone was missing...the Prophet! My mind raced, wondering where he was and when he would show up! I was grateful when he did. His presence makes such a difference.

I am grateful for President Monson, who seemed to be moving a little slower today (anyone else notice? any insights?) He has been an apostle for 48 years now! I was 8 when he was called. Just like my children I remember growing up and looking forward to his stories. Now my grandchildren love him. That is amazing.

Today as James was watching the 'phrophet' he kept saying, "phrophet...funny!" He repeated the same for me on the phone. He also had to mention 'presdent ukdorf' and 'i like him' - so, so cute!

1 comment:

  1. so cute to hear him say it :) i can't believe how candid president monson keeps getting- he cracks me up (hence why my child thinks he's so funny). and then he can still deliver such a wonderful and spiritual message. love that man.

    ReplyDelete