Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stylin'

I have spent the last nine months bucking the 'system'. (Thank goodness I didn't spend it being pregnant, that would be bad!) Thankfully I actually have been doing something rather simple - growing out my gray hair. At first I kinda liked it, a lot. I was certain my hair-dying days were over, and I felt pretty good about it. I felt confident that I was doing what would bring me happiness, well, not deep, abiding happiness...I am not that shallow!! Just a smile on my face, simple happiness, you know the sort, right? After nine months I determined that I didn't want to look that old, so today I went and had my hair dyed a darker shade of blonde, had highlights added, clipped off a couple of inches of hair, and voila ...what looked old looks newer again. It feels great and I am grateful for simple changes. (And so grateful I didn't spend the last nine months pregnant!)

No comments:

Post a Comment