Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sushi, Provo and Lucas

Today was a great day! We began this morning with going to Costco to stock up on some food storage for Craig and Ang. We found a great deal on dehydrated foods in a bucket. (I am thinking of getting some next time we visit!) Then we went out for Sushi in American Fork (thank you, Craig and Ang!). It was delicious! My favorite was the California Crunch - my, oh, my! (Amy and Rach, some day you have to try this! You would love it!) After all of that Darci became very tired and needed to get a nap so we dropped off her and mommy so they could get some rest.

From there Craig, Lucas and I went to the Provo Towne Center, hoping to hitch a ride on the Merry-go-round. Yeah, they were closed. Then we thought, well, we had just seen the train pass by us so we could get a ride on that instead. Of course it was time for their lunch break. So, we ended up getting rides for Lucas on the little kiddie rides that require some change being dropped into them. He, naturally, loved it!

After finishing at the mall we drove around just a bit in Provo since Lizzie had told me about the changes made around campus. One of the buildings that was torn down a few years back was the Joaquin Elementary School. Pat and I had just lived down the street from that when we met, in fact our ward met in the building. Now there is a newly developed apartment complex going up. It is amazing! I am sure it will house several thousand students.

We had driven past the former DT area the other day and noticed new buildings going up there as well. They are beautiful and apparently the new freshman dorms. Super nice. Those freshman have no idea how fortunate they are... I am positive many parents will inform them!

I am grateful for a really nice day - enjoying sushi (lots of it), revisiting Provo, and having fun with Lucas at the mall. It has been a great trip and I really appreciate Craig and Angela's hospitality. I don't know when I will return to visit but I hope it will be soon. I also hope Lucas and Darci will soon get over their cold/flu ---very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment