Friday, March 8, 2013

General Conference talks

As I mentioned the other day Rach shared her talk on Faith with me, since I am speaking on the same subject this Sunday. One of the stories she shared in her talk I will be sharing in mine - Elder Holland's talk back in 1999 when he told of his family leaving for graduate school and their car breaking down, not just once, but twice. Then, 30 years later he drove by that exact spot, and he couldn't help calling out to his old self saying, "Don't give up boy. Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead - a lot of it - 30 years of it now, and still counting. Keep your chin up. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."

Rachel sending her talk and some other GC talks to us, and Amy, prompted Amy to ask me to share with her some of my favorite Conference talks. I did that just a few minutes ago. While I didn't take the time to read the four that I sent, I read a little from several of them. They made me smile...inside and out. Even with just that brief interaction with those words, the counsel received from the Lord's servants, it brought joy to my heart and my soul.

General Conference will soon be upon us. I am so looking forward to soaking all that they have to say up, and then reading their words and striving to apply them to my life. They lead the way, they light the way, for us to become closer to our Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. How could I not be grateful?

No comments:

Post a Comment