Sunday, July 7, 2013

Surprise!!

Several weeks ago, well, almost two months ago, Rach mentioned that her roommate would be gone for a month! It happened to coincide with school being out for her also. We thought it would be the perfect time for me to visit (no hotel fees, more time together). I had planned on coming two weeks ago, but then an unexpected trip to Hawaii came up and that won out! Then Pat wanted me to go during July 4th, but I just couldn't leave him and my mom alone during that time. So, today was decided upon. I decided not to tell Amy in order to surprise them, and I didn't want to stress her out. The plan was that I'd drive to Medford after attending church, spend the night there, and finish driving up to Amy's and Rachel's in the morning. When I was nearly to Medford I stopped, got out of the car, and walked around. My knee was holding up pretty well, I wasn't tired, and I'd save about $100! I canceled my reservation and went onward! Three hours later I knocked on Brad and Amy's door (Rach was there already). A very surprised Amy answered the door! She had hoped that Pat had come as well, but he couldn't get away. (His next trip is to meet Miss Maci; mine too!) The boys had just gone to bed, I thought they were sleeping, but they weren't! So they were surprised too! Gavin kept saying, "I'm so excited!" When Brad came downstairs he was shocked, and James said, "Look! Mommy found Nana!" Sooo cute! Yep, I'm grateful the drive went well, I could surprise them, that I get to spend more time than usual with Rach...and, that Maci is doing so well now! Such great news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment