Sunday, March 27, 2011

The blessings of living in the USA

Today I attended the Monte Vista Branch for their ward conference. President Levy spoke on being obedient and the blessings that come from obedience. He shared with us that when Elder Costa attended our Stake Conference five years ago he met with their branch. He told them in that meeting that if they were obedient and faithful they would be blessed. President Levy shared how the branch has progressed so well because of that counsel that the members have followed. He also stated that he knows that his children have received their degrees in high school and have continued on to college due to that blessing.

The humility he showed was pure; he was so grateful to be here in the US where his family can receive the education they need. It made me realize how much I take for granted. I am grateful for the education I have, even though I didn't graduate from college I still appreciate all that I learned there. I am also grateful for Pat's degree which has made a huge difference in our family. I am grateful for the children and children-in-law who have degrees or are working on them, and who hope to one day return to school to get theirs.
Only in America...I am grateful.

Rachel graduates from BYU - April 2008

Sam graduates from BYU-I - July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment