Saturday, March 5, 2011

Trees!

Today we are enjoying warm weather - it is in the 70's! That made us begin thinking about our backyard and the trees we want to plant there. We lost a tree this past October, our camphor tree. :( I loved that tree. So, Pat and I went to the nursery today to take a gander at what they have to offer. We are considering getting 3 birch trees to replace the camphor. Now, that sounds like a LOT but it really isn't. The camphor was supposed to get HUGE, but it didn't. And we planted it with the intention of it providing shade for us during the HOT summer months we experience here. Well, that is not going to happen now! So the guy at the nursery suggested we get 3 birch and we can plant them near one another, but they won't get nearly the size of the camphor and will cover the area of our home that needs shade, desperately! I think we will take him up on it. 

In the meantime, we are enjoying our trees that we do have. And yes, this is a lilac bush, directly beneath this paragraph, but it is about the size of a tree and it's almost in bloom, so you are getting a preview! Lucky you!

Our Lilacs - they smell just as pretty as they look!
 Apple blossoms - not quite out yet, but soon, very soon...
 Peach blossoms are just beginning to show - so pretty! I can't wait!
At any rate, today I am grateful for our trees and trees in general. They just make home even more homey.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE trees. I love this post. I love your blog and all of your gratefullness. :)

    ReplyDelete