Tuesday, March 29, 2011

memories

Our friend, Nancy, passed away this past week. She was in Ripon ward with us. When we moved to Ripon she was our RS president, and I quickly became her secretary - which was great for me for many reasons. Later I served as her 2nd counselor. Nancy was one of the most intelligent women I have ever known. She was a southern girl and I remember her telling me about a family member that she knew that was alive during the Civil War - - imagine that!

As I made the journey to her funeral today I found myself among some choice friends - Linda & Ken Hicken, Janet Chance, Carolyn Waldon, Hallie Cotrell, along with members of Nancy's family. I was grateful to be in such wonderful company. I have shared many experiences with these sisters of mine, and we share memories that I am so very grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment