Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Peachy goodness!


Once again we have an abundance of peaches!
We have lost many due to them falling on the ground
(probably around six dozen or so) and have been harvesting them
and sharing them as quickly as possible.
My, but they are delightfully yummy!

With all of these peaches on hand I couldn't believe
I hadn't baked anything worthy of the mighty peach!
So, I went online this morning and went to work.
I made one of these:
 For a change, I decided to make a rustic peach pie, otherwise known as peach galette.

The pie turned out super delicious, 
I have yet to try the galette, but it looks wonderful. :)

I am grateful for our peaches and that we can share their goodness
 with our friends, neighbors, co-workers, and hopefully family.

addendum: i actually preferred the rustic pie - it was less sweet, more peachy tasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment