Sunday, August 7, 2011

special day

today is a special day, and it isn't because it is my birthday. it is because it is my parent's anniversary. they were married sixty-five years ago today. and while i haven't always appreciated being born on their anniversary i am now (in my advanced age!) grateful to share this day with them. it is a reminder to me of the wonderful people that they are and were. i am so blessed to have been raised by parents that loved me no matter what i did that could certainly cause them not to! i am grateful for their example of living the gospel, loving others, sharing their belongings gladly, and being kind to others. family and the gospel of Jesus Christ are everything to them.

i am grateful for my parent's anniversary and that i can share that special day with them. i only wish my dad was here to celebrate it.

happy anniversary mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment