Monday, March 12, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

I love mischief! That is what St. Patrick's day is about to me...well, the holiday, that is...not the anniversary part. Though I do think it is kind of fun that we were married on St. Patrick's Day...the running joke is that Pat can never forget it! I have to say that 'joke' is a bit old, since we will be celebrating 34 years this Saturday! Luckily we are both Irish. :)

For reals, though, I do love the holiday. Not the green beer, or the pinching part, but the mischief. When my kids were little (hide your eyes, guys, this might hurt - truth is sometimes painful) I would make them green pancakes for breakfast, and their rooms would get a tad messy during the middle of the night, but they would be rewarded with a candy bar from the wee folk. We also had pistachio cake, which Pat and I are fans of, but I don't think they are so much.

At any rate, I enjoy St. Patty's Day - and am grateful for the fun of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment