Monday, September 17, 2012

Unexpected friendships

I remember moving into new wards, looking around, and wondering, "who here, will be my friend?" Sometimes they come in unexpected packages, and through unexpected means. Many of my dear friends are those I've served with in callings. We often didn't know one another well beforehand, sometimes not at all. As time progressed, and we shared experiences we found that we shared common interests, or a similar sense of humor, and almost always our testimonies, especially as we came to rely on the Spirit together. I have a long list of those friendships, some that I've lost contact with, but are still among my favorites. I am grateful for the kindred spirits we find as we serve together, and the love we share for those we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment