Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tacos

Growing up in So Cal (mostly) made it so that Mexican food was in abundance. I seriously have no memory of when I first ate it. What I do remember is that tacos have always been a favorite of mine. Our family had your typical ground beef with taco seasoning, lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream . In high school I ate tacos at a friend's and they had chili on their tacos. They were amazing! I had never been adventurous and added any beans! Our family always had Rosarita refried beans on the side, so adding chili was a revelation! As we raised our kids I found that I could stretch our budget even further by adding refried beans to our tacos, along with the meat, lettuce, tomato and cheese. These days I make homemade refried beans, use various meats, have salsa available, and do not fry the corn tortillas. However, Pat chooses not to use the meat or the salsa, and he is perfectly content with his tacos. :) I am grateful for tacos and their yummy versatility.

2 comments:

  1. definitely something to be grateful for. we had some this past week, and man, always hit the spot. but also makes me miss la estrella amazing tacos. go get some of those and love them for me!

    ReplyDelete