Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kindle Fire

I bought myself a Kindle Fire back in December. Today when I had to go to the Dr I took it with me so that I could read, rather than just sit there and wait. I am so glad I did! I had to wait 20+ minutes to get into the room, and then another 10 before my doctor came and saw me. It was so nice to be able to turn it off, then turn it back on as I went from place to place.

After I finished with my doctor, and my physical therapist, I went to the prescription area. They told me it would be a 25 minute wait. No worries! I had my kindle to occupy my time. After about 10 minutes I looked to see that my name was on the board, meaning that my prescription was filled. I quickly closed my kindle and got in line.

I also love it on Sundays. I am always early for Sacrament meeting, so that I can have a comfy seat. As I sat there waiting I flipped open my Kindle and read my scriptures and a Conference talk. I love the easy access it gives me and how it's so easily transported.

When I was in RS I pulled it out to read along with the lesson. The sisters around me were amazed at it. (that I did not plan) They were so intrigued they wanted to get one too!

When the Kindle first came out I did not think it was that great of an idea. I love books! I love the way they feel, and the comfort they give. (yes comfort!) I am not Rory Gilmore (I don't think that anyone actually is...) in that I don't love the scent of books, but I do love them just the same. When I saw how much more the Fire offered I was sold. So, I bought one.

I am grateful for it for a number of reasons. The greatest one is that I don't have to lug around my scriptures, and my other church books on Sundays. Seriously, the weight of my scriptures killed my back, so this is heaven sent for me. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment