Thursday, June 6, 2013

Aunt Dimity


There is a very strong possibility that I have posted on this in the past, but I honestly don't remember. Years ago, back when Rach was attending BYU and working in the bookstore there, she 'happened' upon this book and decided that she would read it. It was 'Aunt Dimity's Death'; at least that is how I remember the story. That is where this love story began. A girl, in a bookstore; sounds like a pretty good read to me!

The other day I posted about how I love a good mystery; which is absolutely true. However, odd as it may seem, I happen to love Nancy Atherton's writings the most of all mystery writers. There is something homey and simple about them, which is not what one could usually say about a mystery, but there you have it. You can't help but love the characters, along with the settings. In fact, one of our favorite recipe heralds from one of her first books, Uncle Tom's Butterscotch Blondies... reader beware, they, and the books, are addicting!

Rach shared her addiction with me, and now here I am today, admitting that I am rereading the series. In fact I began reading yesterday and it's been a challenge to put the book down! Summer is a wonderful time for an addiction, a healthy one, for which I am grateful.

Oh, and here's the recipe for the blondies (which I am positive I've shared on here before, but they are worth repeating):
Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
½ c. melted butter
2 c. dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1½ c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
¼ cup butterscotch chips - optional
¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips – optional


Butter a 9” square cake pan.  Mix all of the ingredients together in large bowl, combining them well.  Spread mixture in the cake pan and bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until dry on top and almost firm to the touch.  Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes, and then cut in 2” squares.

Sandy's tip: add a bit of chocolate or butterscotch chips - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment