Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mysteries/Espionage

(Looks like a fun shop!)
Our family is and always has been, as far as I know, avid readers. Today I went to the used bookstore to find books for my mom. I asked her which kind she likes, she immediately responded, "James Patterson". I've never actually read any of his novels; maybe I'll give one a try. I actually love a good mystery or espionage book. They hold my attention (as long as the plot line and the writing are good) more than any other genre does. I love figuring things out, solving the puzzle of 'whodunnit?' Perhaps that is why I also love Alfred Hitchcock films...well, not all of them - you can have "The Birds" and "Psycho", I have no use for those.

I'm grateful for my love of reading which began with comic books, then moved on to Nancy Drew, Agatha Christie, John Grisham, and Mary Higgins Clark, to name a few. Books are a great way to be entertained, especially on hot summer days, or cold winter ones. Curling up with a good book; now that's my kind of fun! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment