Sunday, October 6, 2013

Be a Rock

Many people know that my husband is a Civil Engineer that specializes in soils. He makes sure that foundations are stable enough to hold up whatever is being built; roads, buildings, levees, you get the idea.

Children in Primary learn the song, "The wise man built his house upon the rock, and the rains came tumbling down."

Basically the rock is our personal foundation, our testimony, of the gospel of Jesus Christ - which includes SO many aspects, but I won't go into those.

Today during Conference one of the speakers quoted this, "You must become the rock the river cannot wash away." I love that quote. Too often I find myself being sand, and not the rock I think I am. Not in drastic ways, but in simple things. Perhaps I watch too much TV, or I don't spend my time wisely. I know I don't go to the temple often enough... etc, etc.

My goal is to become a rock that a river cannot wash away. I won't share right now how I am going to do this, but it will happen. I've had a lot of thoughts and feelings regarding this the past few months, now is the time to put it into action. Wish me luck, or pray for me, that is even better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment