Friday, October 4, 2013

Spinach smoothies

The past few months I've been having spinach smoothies on a regular basis, usually about three times a week. There is no way to tell if they are making a difference but I still like them, a lot! On the other days for breakfast I usually eat one egg... just so I'll have some protein. The spinach smoothies are really easy to make, especially since I learned from the girls that I could freeze the spinach!

Here is how I make my smoothie:
1 cup milk
6 ice cubes
1 T peanut butter
1/2 tsp chia seeds
a dash of cinnamon
2 cups spinach (previously frozen)
1 sliced banana

You just throw it in the blender, and then blend away. I usually use the ice crushing setting first, then the pulsing, and then blend. Soon you have a refreshing, delicious smoothie! I'm grateful for this great way to begin a day! And, if you don't like the thought of drinking something green, just put it in a cup where you really don't notice it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment