Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ripon Ward

Our family moved to Ripon in August 1991. There we lived until December 2000. While we don't live far from Ripon we might as well as far as seeing former friends from the old Ripon Ward goes. Once in a while we get to go back in time, just for a little bit, and only as far as our surroundings go. Today was such a day...I was able to be in the Ripon Ward for their ward conference. It is a treat for me to visit, to feel so loved and accepted by old friends and acquaintances.

I am grateful for the time we spent in Ripon, for the experiences we shared, for the love that was felt and for the forever friendships that were made. Life in Ripon was not perfect; but life never is. I am grateful for the 9+ years that we were able to live in such a tight-knit community and ward. I am grateful that every once in a while I can go back and feel like I am home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment