Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Costco chicken

Several years ago Rachel's roommate introduced her to buying precooked chicken from the store and use that to make various meals that require chicken. Shortly after that I saw Rachael Ray mention that on her show. Then we had a Costco built just three miles from our home. That was when I decided to implement that idea into my cooking. Not only does it make my life less complicated, it is also delicious. I simply bring the chicken home, take the skin off entirely, take the meat off the bones, refrigerate it, or freeze it, then use it in whatever I'm making for dinner...anything from chicken noodle soup to chicken salad. No matter how it's used, it's wonderful. One of the other bonuses - it's inexpensive, less than what I'd pay for a whole chicken that isn't cooked. Oh, Costco, you give me so much to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment