Thursday, June 14, 2012

Luscious Lemons!

I kind of think it's funny that when there is something wrong with things (like cars) we refer to them as "lemons".

When you consider the wonderfulness of lemons, why would one think of them as a bad thing? Just because they are sour? They make such an amazing contribution in the culinary world! They have a freshness, a special zing, that few ingredients have to offer. In fact, I am so 'sold' on their goodness that we planted a lemon tree this year.

Lemons can even be romantic, and I'll prove it!

One of the first indicators I had that my husband was interested in me was when he knocked on my door one night, with a jar of honey in one hand and a sack of lemons in the other. He knew I had a cold, so he walked to the store, then came to my apartment, and proceeded to fix me a mug of honey and lemon. (I had never even heard of that concoction!) What a sweet thing for him to do! He won my heart.

So, why am I compelled to express my gratitude for lemons today? I was supposed to go to a pinterest party tomorrow night, but my friend who was hosting the party became ill, but not before I had made my contribution, lemon crinkle cookies! Yuh-Ummmm! They are amazing!!

So, yes, I am grateful for lemons and their zesty goodness...they are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment