Friday, June 29, 2012

Successful Experiments

Yesterday I decided to try out another recipe for lemon zucchini bread, since we had an extra zucchini hanging around from our garden. I had tried one a few weeks back and wasn't overly impressed with it...it was kind of dry to me. I wanted one a bit more moist. The recipe I opted to try called for vanilla, but I opted to put in freshly squeezed lemon juice instead. I was not disappointed! It turned out pretty good!

However, I still like our stand-by, made for years, zucchini recipe. It is quite moist. (I don't add butter to my breads to help them along in that area, maybe that is why I am so picky?! Or I am just plain spoiled.) Next time I am going to try to adapt our recipe.

At any rate, I am grateful for having made the attempt of changing up a recipe and having it turn out well. It's a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment