Sunday, October 7, 2012

Human alarm clock

Typically when I spend the night at Amy's home I am awakened by James, as he slowly opens the door, and happily creeps over to my bed. Soon he has crawled into bed with me for a few minutes of snuggle time. Before I am fully awake he asks for my hand so that we can go downstairs together and play or watch something on PBS. Early this morning he came in and joyfully climbed into bed with us. He had his Papa and Nana together!! Life doesn't get much better than that! Soon we were out in the great room playing with swords (since James is actually a knight), Papa was his foe that he'd stab, then roll/jump away from, only then needing to be rescued by Nana! Then, being the kind knight that he is, he'd give Papa a hug and kiss to help him recover from his serious injury. Oh, how grateful I am for our little alarm clock, and the sweet, courageous knight he is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment