Thursday, January 31, 2013

Deeply felt gratitude

Today I was rushing around, getting things done, not stopping for a second. You know those mornings, when all is busy, and there is no time taken for being still.

Then I got in the car, and reached for the radio, and decided instead to talk with our Father. I don't know why, perhaps I just needed to feel near Him, and to pour my heart out to Him; knowing that He loves me and accepts me for who I am, with the understanding that I am indeed striving to be better. Once I started praying all I could do was express how grateful I am. Yes, we live in a crazy, mixed up world, full of wrong choices, and contention. Yet, all I could feel was gratitude for those I love; my husband, each and every member of our family, my mom, and so many others that have made or make a difference in my life. Then I could only think of what bonds us all together, the gospel; and who has made all that bonding, that sealing, available to us - our Savior, Jesus Christ.

The more grateful I felt, the more humble I became. I don't share this to boast, though it may seem to some that I am. No, it is because of those feelings, those spiritual promptings, that I am writing today. There are moments in life where the light of the gospel shines, touching our spirits like nothing else possibly could. Those moments are profoundly personal, but that is what this blog is about...sharing personal feelings of gratitude for life, and all the experiences encountered along the way. I am deeply grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment