Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Good mommies

We have three and a half mommies in our family (not counting me). I count Rach as a half-mommy since she helps Amy out from time to time and those boys love her fiercely!

With all the illnesses going around, all the coughing, sneezing, throwing up, and fevers, I have noticed how caring each of the mommies are in our family. Their heart strings are tugged at each time one of their children, our grandchildren, becomes ill. I am so grateful for each of them - even if they aren't feeling well themselves they put their children first. They care for their needs, monitor what they eat and drink, cuddle with them, pray for them, and all of that is because they love them and are grateful for them. That is the miracle of motherhood. It is certainly the most human selfless role I know of.

1 comment: