Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stake Relief Society

Today was our annual Stake Relief Society Meeting. They chose to do it way different than how we did it when we were in charge. Honestly, I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay home and be comfy and cozy. Fortunately, it was sunny out this morning and this afternoon when I returned home. So, the comfy and cozy part didn't even matter. I don't know why I was not excited about going, but that's another post, for another day. Perhaps.

My motivation for going was simple - to show my love and support to those who worked so hard to put this on.

Thankfully I sat next to sisters from our ward that I'm friends with. We had a great time chatting. When the program began it was a bunch of sisters from our ward, and several from the stake singing about being a mom and how frantic it can be to the tune of 'Working Nine to Five'. They changed it to 'working dawn til dusk'. Super cute.

After that our Stake President's wife, Julie, put on a cooking demonstration using a crockpot. Then we had a sister talk about the importance of family meal time. Then President Crockett spoke on the trials we face, and how we overcome them.

Then we ate: soups, salad, bread and cheesecake (though they tried to convince us to eat the cheesecake first, it was just toooo early for me to do that!)

All in all the best part of the meeting was seeing dear friends (including our former presidency), and feeling the Spirit. I am so grateful to all of those who participated, and that I could participate a little as well. It's also fun to see my husband as a HC serving the sisters...though he is quite tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment