Sunday, November 13, 2011

Change

For the past 39 months I have served in our Stake RS presidency. This is the longest I have ever held a calling. It has been a stretch for me as I have grown in so many ways. I have loved serving with our presidency, the friendships we have formed are lasting, and I love each member of our presidency. They have all taught me so much, and I still have much to learn.

On Tuesday, when I was sick in bed with a 104 fever I received a call from our high councilman over RS, who happens to be a dear friend of ours. He wanted to meet with me, but when he discovered how sick I was he talked with me over the phone. He extended a release to me, with a sincere expression of thanks for the service rendered.

This week I have experienced mixed emotions. I knew that this was coming, I felt it for a while. I know that it is time to move forward, to serve wherever the Lord wishes for me to serve. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have had to serve in this calling, as I stated previously this has been a calling of great growth for me, especially spiritually. I am grateful to know that I will receive another calling and that there will be growth there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment