Monday, November 21, 2011

Thoughtful

We are staying home for Thanksgiving. I know, this is the first time we've ever done this with just the two of us. It does feel a bit strange. Pat has to work, I have been away from home a great deal, so it just works this year. Yes, we will miss our family a great deal, but everyone lives so far away that it isn't feasible for us to go there or for them to come here. Sigh.

Other friends have discovered that we are going to be home - alone. There are a number of them that are as well, and some that aren't, that have invited us to spend the holiday with them. I am so grateful for their thoughtfulness for us. We still aren't positive of what we will be doing. I did purchase a turkey and all the fixin's (basic foods) but we just may end up going out to dinner with our friends, Jan and Randy. I can cook the turkey another day. :)

Isn't it nice, though, that others are so considerate and kind to us? I am deeply grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment