Tuesday, November 15, 2011

chatting with Sam

Today, on a whim, I called our eldest on his cell...he rarely answers. I had seen on Linzi's facebook status that he has pink eye and wanted to see how he was doing. We chatted for a whole 23 minutes! He only got off because he and Sadie were at the store and well, if anyone knows Sadie they know she needs to be corralled, especially in public places! I can't blame her...the world is sure a great adventure when you are three! She is our little Eloise!

At any rate it was great to talk with Sam, I miss him. We saw him in September, and then again skyped with his family after Jack was born, but that is all the communication I've had with him. The other kids keep in touch regularly, and Linzi does a great job of that too, but Sam - not so much.

So, I am really grateful that we were able to chat today. I know it wasn't for very long, but still, it does my heart good being able to hear my child's voice and keeping that connection strong.

Oh, and Linzi, I had wanted to call about Chloe's double ear infection last week, but couldn't because I was too sick. She was in my prayers. I am so glad she is doing better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment