Saturday, November 26, 2011

Old books, kitchen supplies and Christmas decor!

Pat and I spent the latter part of the morning and the early part of the afternoon today up in Jackson, CA. It's a quaint town in the foothills. We went because there is a bookstore that sells used books...and I mean first edition and beyond books. I was able to get myself a compilation of Mark Twain books - with Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer contained within. Yes! (our used bookstore in town told us that those are selling out since they are changing the words, making them pc - ridiculous - they are part of our history) So, I was happy to purchase that and A Christmas Carol, which I am embarrassed to admit that I have never actually read. We have an account with this particular bookstore because we 'sold' them some of our National Geographics (1930-1945 years).

Along with that we took a stroll along Jackson's Main Street - enjoying the Christmas decorations and the atmosphere. Apparently tonight is their Christmas parade and tree lighting ceremony - so makes me think of Stars Hollow. We also ventured into many an antique shop and their little kitchen shop - which is an automatic happy on my part since I love kitchen wares. =)

However, the best part was spending time with my honey as we perused used books, antiques (they had some old civil engineering tools that he thought were awesome), kitchen stuff and just enjoyed being together. All in all it was a great day - ending with a stop at a roadside fruit stand/bakery where we both had a yummy smoky flavored tri-tip sandwich.

I am grateful for the time we spent together, enjoying the simple things in life.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you guys had a good day in jackson. i'm glad you could do it together, just the two of you. i think you guys need it. :)

    ReplyDelete