Sunday, November 27, 2011

Recipes

A few years ago I made all our girls cookbooks from our family recipes. They have gotten a great deal of use out of them. Some of the recipes are loved by some while others are not, and vice versa! It works, right?

I have not yet made myself such a cookbook, though I am revising the original and working on an updated one for myself. Since Rach is living with Amy they don't need to have the same cookbook, so she left hers here for me to use...Thank you Rachel!

Today I pulled that trusty little cookbook out and made cornbread - only because I had a lot of buttermilk to use up and it's the best recipe I know for that purpose! Then, with having turkey leftovers I made (from that same cookbook) chicken pillows, only in this case they are turkey pillows (and yes, I did put the mushrooms in, yum).

I love our tried and true recipes that I have collected over the years and incorporated into our family dinners, desserts, etc. I am grateful for each and everyone of them - they all have a special memory attached to them for me.

On a completely different note, I am grateful for talks given in Sacrament meeting that speak to my heart and help me to be a better person. Seriously needed today. :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm grateful for our recipes too. i love me some fettuccine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for that book! by far the one i use most

    ReplyDelete