Monday, July 9, 2012

Above and Beyond

Every once in awhile you find a gem, it might not be a very shiny gem, but it is there.

We have such 'a' gem in our lives, in Caryn and Breanna Lake. They watched our home for us and did an AMAZING job! They washed the towels, cleaned the sheets, watered brown patches in the backyard, and I am sure they did much more that I am not even aware of. The point is this --- they went the extra five miles. Imagine how delighted I was to come home and find a note from them sharing all this information with me. Truth be told, there was an occurrence on our trip home that did not make me a happy camper. I was not looking forward to taking care of all the duties I had waiting for me. They will never understand how much it meant to me for them to do all of that for us, for me.

On top of that their uncle passed away on Friday, so they have that to contend with also. You know how we are supposed to serve others to forget our troubles? They are a shining example of that... I guess this gem is shiny after all.

If you girls ever read this, all I can say is that you lightened my heart, at a time it was needed. Thank you, for being a gem in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment