Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Zucchini!


Zucchini has become one of my favorite veggies. Can I tell you how easy it is to grow? SO easy! We were out of town for a week, and by the time we returned home the three zucchini we had in the garden GREW! They are not the size the ones in the picture are, nope. They aren't huge either, and believe me I've cooked some huge zucchini in my lifetime. They were about as long as these, but a bit broader. This morning I decided to make use of one of the zucchini and made some zucchini bread. My, it is delicious. I also love zucchini in marinara sauce, over pasta, and in fried rice.

Soon I will try some of the recipes I've seen on pinterest for zucchini, like Homemade Zucchini Parmesan crisps...doesn't that just sound so good? I am grateful for zucchini and the myriad of tasty eats you can make with it!

Here is the Zucchini Parmesan Crisps recipe:

Ingredients

  • Cooking spray
  • 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce)
  • 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet withcooking spray.
Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine theParmesanbread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment