Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Promptings & Prompted

One of my friends has been on my mind a great deal lately. I have been thinking of doing something for her, but hadn't gotten around to it. Yes, I am guilty of not following a prompting. Guilty as charged. In my defense I will say I haven't been feeling well lately, and felt that there were a lot of other people that would be looking after her as well.

Then, last night, I received a text from another friend, and talked with our RS president who mentioned something that had happened. That was when I decided that no matter how I felt this morning I would bake a loaf of banana bread and take it over. Pat also suggested I pick some peaches and nectarines, which I did.

When I arrived at my friend's home I found that the Spirit kicked into high gear...telling me what I needed to know to help her. I spent three hours with her, listening, crying, talking, and helping her with a project.

One of my favorite quotes is 'Never suppress a generous thought.' I had, and I am sorry that I had, but I also feel that the timing was what it was meant to be. She needed my help then, not before then, but right then. I am grateful for the spiritual promptings and the nudging I received from other friends. She will need our help in the future, of that I am sure. I pray that I can be close enough to the Spirit to follow the promptings I receive on her behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment